Companies today are being required to "rethink" their digital strategies to optimize and integrate customer touch points. As more and more brands become content publishers in their own right, companies need for a single source solution of content management that allows them to control their communication across all digital channels and engage with their customers in a personalized way.
This is why companies choose THRON: the next generation Digital Asset Management solution built to maximize the value of companies' contents empowering them to significantly increase engagement, interaction and retention.
To do so, THRON understands the interests of users based on content usage and simultaneously enhances the classification of digital assets through tagging, thus allowing for a more effective and relevant communication for each specific target.
The goal of this article is to give you a few hints on how understand end-users' interests based on the content they view, regardless the specific channel/device where content is published. This will lead you to the following benefits:
- Increased accuracy of content classification: tags are continuously updated based on the interests of the end-users viewing them.
- Improved content communication: each user can receive relevant and contextual content messages according based on their interests.
To carry out this integration project you just need to include THRON Tracking Library within your page and insert two lines of simple code.
Just for sample purpose we will detail the example of a contact form within a webpage where you are able to link an alias to the anonymous devices accessing the page. Then, we will show you how to extract relevant information & data from the contacts acquired from this procedure. (Note, the same procedure can be easily repeated in any other context where a call to action is present, such as reserved area of a video portal, newsletter subscription, deals section of your e-commerce.) The process is made of two main phases:
- Track the device used by end-users to access content and exploit a call to action to connect this device to a new contact by means of an alias (which is the personal information they provide).
- Monitor THRON analytics to extract their interests according to the classification of content they have viewed.
Phase 1: track the device of your end-users and connect it to a new contact
Let's consider a webpage hosting a contact form such as this one.
In this scenario you can follow the following steps:
- Make sure to include tracking library among the <head> of your page, using the form:
<script src = "//[clientId]-cdn.thron.com/shared/plugins/tracking/current/tracking-library-min.js"></script>where [clientId] is the domain name used to access your THRON, usually your company name.
- Now you have to set the new tracker, which has to be initiated on page load. Use the form:
var tracker = _ta.initTracker("[clientId]");
In order to track the identity of your contact, link the button of your call to action to a specific request which will pair an alias with the device in use: call the method "tracker.loginAs" filled with the information provided in the contact form:
tracker.loginAs(“loginType”, “loginValue”, “contactName”)where “loginType” can be filled with an indication of the type of information you are going to register (e.g. "email"), "loginValue" is the value of the identity provided (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) and “contactName” is the full name of the contact your are profiling. If you are going to invoke the method more than once, because you have to collect more than one identity (e.g. email, company, phone number), you can omit the "contactName" parameter after the first time.
- From this moment on, your contact has been profiled and all its visits will be recorded in order to collect information on its interests.
Your web page is ready to be published.
Phase 2: measure and improve the effectiveness of your communication
By accessing the Intelligence tab of your content you will be able to extract relevant user information, such as:
- their interests represented by the set of tags which are the keywords that you have used to classify the topic of your content
- their profile identified by the pre-existing tags classifying your contacts
- their device, in order to see which technology is used the most
- their countries of origin, and other relevant information
Given the fact that you have profiled your contacts, through the "Contact types" section of Intelligence, you will be able to extract the aforementioned information for each specific contact.
Furthermore, all this data can be found in a more comprehensive way within the intelligence Dashboard. Their extraction will be easier thanks to the Context you defined in the first phase.
THRON's Behavior Engine is constantly monitoring content accessed, automatically improving their classification. This happens according to content usage: the behavior engine compares the interest of users to the topics of the content they viewed. At the same time, it will allow a better user classification, comparing the interests of users to the topics of their most visited contents.
As a result, THRON automatically tags users and content, you have constant access to relevant information within the Intelligence section. Combining these two actions, you are able of adapt your company's communication and deliver personalized, relevant content to users based on their interests in a full-scale omni-channel experience.