In order to retrieve content's information, the following conditions must be complied:
A business user must be used, and it needs to have the read access right on the content; therefore its credentials must be used (username and password must be used to perform login and obtain a valid token); a THRON application may be used to retrieve content's information, but only through SU (also known as “sudo” or “superuser”) web service which allows it to impersonate a business user (usually the owner of the application).
- Make sure you know the xcontentId of the content and the clientId, which is usually your company name.
Specific web service dedicated to the retrieval of content's information is getContentDetail, which is included within the delivery package of xcontents.
The URL of the web service is structured as follows:
Where [clientId] is the domain name used to access THRON(usually company name).
The headers that should be used for the request, which must be in GET are:
- Content-Type: application / json
- X-TokenId: XXXXX (using the token obtained through the login)
Additional query parameters are:
In the response you will be able to read the following content's information (only the most common are listed here, for the complete list please visit our Developer Center):
- contentType: the type of the content. It can be "VIDEO","AUDIO","IMAGE","OTHER","PAGELET" or "LIVEEVENT".
- creationDate: creation date of the content in the ISO 8601 format ([YYYY]-[MM]-[DD]T[hh]:[mm]:[ss]) UTC time standard.
- deliveryInfo: this parameter contains basic information of each channel in which the content has been transcoded (each channel is identified by an integer number, starting from "0").
- channelType: the channel code. Full list can be found here.
- contentUrl: the URL to the specific channel of the content (used by the player to display the content).
- itags: the array of tags linked to the content, these are returned only if the token used to perform the request is related to a user with specific permission to see tags.
- imetadata: the array of metadata inherited by the tags linked to the content, these are returned only if the token used to perform the request is related to a user with specific permission to see tags.
- dynThumbService: the URL structure used by the getThumbnail web service in order to get the best thumbnail to fit a given <div> area. More information can be found here.
- id: xcontentId of the content
- lastUpdate: the date on which the last change was made on the content (ISO 8601 format).
- linkedCategories: the list of public folders on which the content has been published (categoryIds).
- linkedContents: the list of content which have been linked to the content (xcontentIds). More information on linked content can be found here.
- locales: this is the list of the content's basic information for each available language.
- description: content description (localized).
- excerpt: content abstract (localized).
- locale: language ("IT","EN", etc.)
- name: content title (localized).
- owner: the full name of the content's author, by default it matches the content's owner; it can be modified at will.
- prettyIds: prettyId of the content, used to build clean URLs. It will replace the contentId (alphanumeric) on any URL pointing to the content itself.
- userId: username of the content's owner.
- totalVersions: current version number of the content. Each time the source file is replaced this number will increase.
- totalDownloadableContents: total number of attachments.
- totalRecommendedContents: total number of recommended content.