THRON handles every type of multimedia content exploiting the latest available technologies; however, the amount of existing media containers codecs and formats doesn't ensure reliability of the transcoding process in any way and with any available technology. Nonetheless, there are some more reliable combinations we want to suggest, and some others that have proven less reliable and we suggest you to avoid.
- .mp4 extension with h.264 video codec and aac audio codec.
- .avi extension, with xvid video codec and mp3 audio codec.
- .mov extension, with h.264 video codec and aac audio codec.
- .mp3 extension with .mp3 audio codec
- .jpg and .jpegs
*.psd and .gif extension have a limited support: even though the format is accepted, a proper transcoding is not assured.
- .pdf (Thumbnail extraction only)
Known issues and important notes
- .3gp extension, h.264 video codec and amr audio codec: transcoding process will fail.
- .mpeg1 extension for .mp3 audio codec only: transcoding process will fail if the container has more than one audio stream.
- .mov extension, AVC1 video codec with Main 4.1 profile, ER AAC LD audio codec: audio stream will not be transcoded.
- .wmv, .avchd, .dv, .flv, .ogv extensions are not recommended.
- Transcoding of images with a colorspace different from RGB (e.g.: CMYK, YCCB, YCCK) might fail. In particular, you can not transcode a CMYK JPEG (YCCK) if it does not have an embedded color profile.
For any question on accepted extensions and transcoding process of specific combinations of media containers and codecs, please submit a request to our technical support.